May 05, 2015

Sailor Mars 1/6 Part #5 Base/Finishing

From there I usually eyeball the size from the paper.
I baked sculpey it then added flames with Golden Regular Gel.

Starts of white goo color then dries clear and followed this guide to paint flames. It didn't sound hard but painting flames is hard to do.

I ended up painting it like the guide
then layering more Gel on it.
 Since the gel dries clear I paint the tips red which makes is look "real-er" than my previous Ideas.



 Which was to paint the whole thing but that made it look more like Pizza or Ketchup and Mustard having a HUGE fight instead of being "fire" :/ Thats never a good look!!!

Notice the areas of sharpie just tint the "flames" neat right?
 Basically,
Take a toothpick and wad it
with the gel from there glop it.
Then pull the glop
upwards to make "Flames".

 It takes a few hours to dry.
So far you can notice the Tips are dried nice and clear but
still cloudy at the base.

Yep. More waiting I hate waiting!!!

Now about 6 hours later its all dried.

To me looked flat for me til I remembered I had colored Sharpie.

The colored variety always dry semi clear so it goes great for this project!  I used Yellow,light orange and Dark Red.

And don't over do it fire still has clear areas :P







Scrapbook Gems w/ Sticky Backing!
Example of the Gems on Sailor Mars












The tiara I used Golden Reg. Gel for the Gem look (Shh!)
Now I just need Star Confetti for the star earrings and I will be

DONE! c:

No comments:

Post a Comment